The Information Services Department is the principal public relations outfit of Government. Its primary mandate is to disseminate Government policies, programmes and activities as well as access feedback for policy refinement.
The Department is represented in all the sixteen regions of Ghana and has offices in 229 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in the country.
It has also, three offices in Ghana’s Missions abroad. These are in London (UK), Washington (USA) and New York (USA).
- The Department specialises in designing and printing of posters, leaflets and magazines.
- It mounts photo exhibitions for Government and other organizations.
- It provides public addressing system at state functions.
- Provides accreditation for coverage of national celebrations by both local and international media.
- It posts public relations officers to the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to support their public relations effort.
- It conducts research into government programmes.
- It promotes Ghana’s international marketing agenda.
- It has a 68-seater conference hall facility for both official and commercial purposes